| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.irishstar.com/news/ireland-news/jamey-carney-murder-update-latest-37566676 | [Back] [Original] |
A New York mom who was murdered in Ireland last month received $450,000 in inheritance following the sale of her late father's home in the United States last year.
Jamey Carney, who was living in Killarney, Co Kerry, was found dead in her home on July 7, as a subsequent investigation led to the case's person of interest in her murder fleeing Ireland to Jordan in the aftermath and was later arrested after Irish police liaised with Jordanian authorities.
In a detailed Irish Independent report, an investigation into Carney's finances and legal documents found that she inherited her father's estate following his death in August 2024. He was not found to have a will, and Carney filed for control of the estate.
Carney reportedly sold the home and received $450,000 on Dec. 9, 2025. Her 13-year-old daughter, who had moved with her to Ireland in 2021, raised the alarm at around 1.20pm on July 7.
Carney, 43, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Ahmad Al-Saqar was her boyfriend at the time of her death and is the person of interest in the case.
The report also stated that Irish police traveled to Jordan's capital Amman last month to assist Jordanian authorities, but did not directly question Al-Saqar.
Irish Justice Minister Jim OCallaghan provided an update on whether an extradition agreement could be reached with Jordan last month, before Irish Police had reportedly returned from the country.
We dont have an extradition agreement in place with Jordan at present, but I dont think that should necessarily be the end of it," he said last month.
For all the latest news straight to your inbox, sign up for our FREE newsletters here.
I think there are mechanisms, innovative mechanisms, available that could enable the garda to question the suspect out in Jordan, and even perhaps being able to bring him back.
However, he said he had no timeline for this.
Elsewhere on Thursday, Jordans Ministries of Interior and Justice said they had received a report from the Irish authorities concerning the murder of an American woman in Ireland.
For the latest local news and features on Irish America, visit our homepage here.
Choose Irish Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |