| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/sam-walker-threats-case-withdrawn-33317167 | [Back] [Original] |
A criminal case against Sam Walker has been discontinued after the prosecution said there wasn't a realistic prospect of conviction. Walker, 42 and of the Strand in Liverpool city centre, was charged with a sole offence of sending a communication threatening serious violence.
The alleged charge on August 24 2025 was listed as "sending communications that threatened serious harm, intending, or being reckless as to whether, an individual encountering the message would fear that the threat would be carried out".
This related to two alleged voice notes which were sent to a woman called Sharnie Williams, with the threat said to have concerned her dad Clive Williams.
Walker denied the alleged offence and a three-day trial was listed at Liverpool Crown Court on September 28 this year. But at a brief hearing today, Wednesday, Paulinus Barnes told the court the prosecution would not be offering any evidence in the case.
Mr Barnes told the court the prosecution did not believe "that there is a reasonable prospect of a conviction". Judge Robert Trevor-Jones, presiding, entered a not guilty verdict and the case against Walker was discontinued.
Walker, who was represented by Peter Killen in the hearing which lasted around one minute, was not present in court.
Walker's counsel said he was driving from south Wales and would be late to the hearing listed at 10.30am. The judge said Walker was not needed in court and proceedings resumed in his absence.
Walker previously failed to appear in court in October last year for a listed plea and trial preparation hearing.
His then counsel Robert Wyn Jones said: "Sadly, he is in A&E at Chester Hospital waiting to be seen. It is to do with a serious assault that he suffered over the summer. He was stabbed and shot in July.
"He says that he has been suffering problems as a result of that damage. He has at least been in contact with those instructing me up until today, so I seek that we give him the benefit of the doubt today."
Walker previously said in an online video that the threats charge was in response to a man who allegedly rang the hospital and claimed he was in possession of firearm while his children were being born.
Walker claimed officers arrested him on suspicion of possession of a firearm and held in a cell. The force confirmed to the ECHO that a man was held in custody and detained. A spokesperson added no firearm was found.
Join the Liverpool ECHO Breaking News and Top Stories WhatsApp community to receive the latest news straight to your phone by clicking here.
Choose Liverpool Echo as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |