[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/perez-hilton-contacted-britney-spears-37526268 [Back]  [Original]

Perez Hilton contacted Britney Spears and Khlo Kardashian to apologise before 'self-harming' livestream - The Mirror


Skip to main content
The Mirror: The Heart of Britain
Check out our editions:

Perez Hilton contacted Britney Spears and Khlo Kardashian to apologise before 'self-harming' livestream

Perez Hilton said he tried to reach out to celebs he had offended to 'make amends' before his apparent mental health crisis earlier this week

Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton recently tried to 'make amends' with stars like Britney Spears(Image: Getty Images)

Perez Hilton privately reached out to A-list stars like Britney Spears and Khlo Kardashian to apologise for his treatment of them before his 'mental health crisis' livestream on TikTok earlier this week.


The celebrity blogger was seen brandishing a knife before injuring himself with it in the disturbing clip that aired on his social media channel on Wednesday. Police responded after "multiple" emergency calls over concerns for his welfare. It's said that Perez's niece and three children, who were in the house at the time, had to flee the property.


He is now thought to be receiving treatment and his family have asked for privacy at this time. A statement said: "We will continue to provide updates on Perezs condition through PerezHilton.com when we have additional information we are able to share. Again, thank you for your compassion, understanding, and continued prayers."


Now it's emerged that Perez contacted various stars in the lead up to the livestream. He revealed in a podcast that was recorded on July 14, but only released yesterday: "I've made amends - or tried to - with a lot of people." During an episode of 'Hang Out With Sean Hannity', he added he had "reached out to them privately. I mean, I even reached out to Britney Spears."

Perez said he also reached out to Khlo Kardashian, who was 'very kind' to him (Image: Getty Images )

Perez Hilton [Perez Hilton]
3
View 3 Images

Perez Hilton's family said he is now receiving treatment (Image: Getty Images )


Asked how his apology to Britney went down, Perez replied it was received 'well', according to the intermediary that relayed what he wrote to the singer. He also said his apology to Khlo Kardashian was well received, calling the reality TV star "very kind".

During the interview, Hannity called Perez out for his frequent attacks on celebrities, that has included mocking their appearances and even speculating about their sexuality, which is a no go in the media these days. Asked if he still did this, Perez said: "No."

Admitting his wrongdoing, he said: "I realised what I was doing was wrong. I realised that I could still be fun, but I don't have to be so cheap, and I don't have to be so cruel. And that is something I carry with me. It's like my scarlet letter. And it's very heavy baggage."


Despite his attempts to make amends, 48-year-old Perez - whose real name is Mario Lavandeira, Jr - appeared to suffer a mental health breakdown this week. In the terrifying livestream from his home in Miami he also appeared to be naked, which is a violation of TikTok's policy.

He was live on the video-sharing app for 30 minutes before his account was suspended. He was then transported to a local hospital for treatment.

An update from Perez's family following the ordeal said: "Our family wants to once again thank everyone who has reached out with prayers, kind messages, and support for Perez. Your compassionate humanity during this profoundly heartbreaking time has meant more than words can express.


"This has been incredibly difficult and emotional for us, made even harder because very little information has been made available to our family. While we continue to wait for further updates, we remain hopeful.

"We have also been able to confirm that Perez is able to communicate, which has given our family hope. We respectfully ask for your continued prayers, understanding, and grace as Perez continues to recover.

"We will share additional updates as we receive confirmed information and are able to do so. For now, we're taking things one step at a time and keeping our focus where it belongs, on Perez and his recovery. Again, thank you, truly, for all your support and compassion. We are so grateful."

Article continues below

The dad-of-three is said to have been facing mounting financial pressure after being hospitalised earlier this year and subsequent medical bills. A source told Page Six: "He's one of the hardest-working people I know, and suddenly being faced with these mounting financial pressures was a lot for him." The Mirror has reached out to reps for Perez for comment on this story.

When life is difficult, Samaritans are available day or night, 365 days a year. You can call them for free on 116 123 or visit samaritans.org.

For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Mirror as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page