| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/center-parcs-customers-furious-after-37472350 | [Back] [Original] |
Center Parcs fans have been left furious after the popular holiday park announced a change in its refund policy.
As of this October, any bookings for the spa or activities must be cancelled seven days prior, rather than 12 hours in advance, to get a full refund.
If you cancel with less than seven days notice, a 50% cancellation fee will apply. Center Parcs has five locations across the UK.
On its website, Center Parcs says half-term breaks start from 799, while bookings for the summer school holidays start from 949.
WHATSAPP GROUP: Get money news and top deals straight to your phone by joining our Money WhatsApp group here. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you dont like our community, you can check out any time you like. If youre curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.
NEWSLETTER: Or sign up to the Mirror's Money newsletter here for all the best advice and shopping deals straight to your inbox.
Customers have been left unimpressed by the changes. In a post on social media, one person commented: "I find this really unfair. We will wait until we arrive to book any activities."
Another said: "That's terrible. The effect will be that we book significantly less activities, if any at all." A third posted: "How disappointing and incredibly unfair for a venue that already charges excessively."
A spokesperson for Center Parcs said: We have made some changes to our activity and Aqua Sana Forest Spa cancellation policy, for guests staying at Center Parcs from Monday 12 October 2026 onwards.
Guests can now amend or cancel these bookings up to seven days before the scheduled start time and receive a full refund. Cancellations made within seven days will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
The updated policy gives guests a clear cancellation deadline before their break, while helping to reduce late cancellations and unused spaces, particularly for popular activities and Aqua Sana Forest Spa experiences.
It comes as Center Parcs is set to open its first resort in Scotland in summer 2029, in a move which will create 1,200 jobs.
The new site is tipped to increase tourism to the area by 38%, generating 87million a year for the Scottish economy.
Speaking as he visited the site earlier this year, First Minister John Swinney said: Economic growth must reach the people and places that need it most.
Investing in the south of Scotland through this project is a direct expression of our belief that every part of Scotland deserves to benefit from a growing economy.
Investing here is a deliberate statement that we are serious about reducing regional inequality and creating genuine opportunity for young people 30% of these 1,200 jobs are targeted at 16 to 24-year-olds.
It is a privilege to be here with local school children to start planting new trees for the site and I look forward to seeing the development of the project before the resort opens in 2029.
Choose Daily Mirror as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |