[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-four-dies-horror-construction-36633737 [Back]  [Original]

Dad-of-four dies in horror construction site incident 'leaving unborn baby behind' - The Mirror


Skip to main content
The Mirror: The Heart of Britain
Check out our editions:

Dad-of-four dies in horror construction site incident 'leaving unborn baby behind'

Tributes and donations are flooding in after a father-of-four died in a horror construction site accident, leaving behind his pregnant wife, as his friends launch a fundraiser to support his family

Joe Heath died in a tragic incident on a building site in Kent (Image: JustGiving/Cover Images)

A community has come together to raise thousands of pounds for the for family left behind after the death of a father-of-four in a tragic construction site accident.


Tributes have poured in for Joe Heath, 36, from Folksetone, Kent, a popular footballer and coach in the area who had been working on a building site when he died. He had been part of the team building a new logistics centre for COOK Classic in the Eurolink Industrial Estate in Sittingbourne last Wednesday when the tragic incident occurred.


Described by his wife as a "caring, bubbly and absolute gem of a person", a fundraising page that was set up by a close friend to support his family and contribute to the cost of his funeral has now raised over 5,000.


Dozens of messages of love have also been left on the site, including from his own pregnant wife, Amber, who writes: "My Joe, my Husband, my best friend and my absolute world, devastatingly and cruelly got taken from me, providing for our family like he has always done, leaving his four beautiful children and unborn baby behind.

"Anyone that knows Joe will know just how much of a caring, bubbly and absolute gem of a person he is. The best part of me left with him that day and he deserves the very best send off."

A touching message from Radnor Park Ladies FC, a team he coached, celebrates the leader's "unwavering dedication, time, love and passion for this team".


The incident took place last Wednesday and is now being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive. (Image: Cover Images)

It reads: "Everyone at Radnor Park Ladies has been devastated by the tragic loss of our coach and dear friend, Joe Heath. Joes unwavering dedication, time, love and passion for this team, week in and week out, brought us closer together: not just as teammates, but as friends.

"Through rain or shine, he was always our strongest supporter; the spark we so often needed, making us laugh, smile, and push ourselves to be better for one another.


"Joe gave everything to us, and his loss has left a wound that will never truly heal. We are raising funds in his memory, to honour the incredible person he was and to support those he loved most. Words will never be enough, Joe. Radnor family forever."

His Sunday league team, Saltwood AFC, hailed Joe "a true clubman around Folkestone", commending his unwavering support for the club, even "through some struggles", and how his impact on their club "cannot be overstated".

Many teams in the Ashford & District Sunday Football League held a one minutes silence in honour of Mr Heath before their matches began this weekend.


Following the accident, the Health and Safety Executive were notified and are now working alongside police to investigate what lead to Mr Heath's death.

A COOK spokesman said at the time: "We are deeply saddened by the tragic loss of life at the construction site for our new logistics centre. Our thoughts are with the individuals family, friends and colleagues at this incredibly difficult time.

"The relevant authorities and the construction company are continuing their investigations into what happened. We can't comment further at this time."

Article continues below

A spokesperson for Winvic Construction said: "We are deeply saddened to confirm that a fatal incident occurred at our Sittingbourne site on Wednesday, January 21, involving a member of our subcontractor workforce.

"Our thoughts and sincere condolences are with the individuals family, friends, and colleagues at this extremely difficult time. We are supporting the relevant authorities, including the HSE, with their investigation into the incident. We are unable to comment further at this time."

You can donate to help the family cover Joes funeral costs here.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Mirror as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page