| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/anthony-joshua-opponent-finally-addresses-37494314 | [Back] [Original] |
Kristian Prenga has lashed out at Simon Jordan over his claim his fight with Anthony Joshua was fixed.
Prenga knocked down Joshua twice in the opening session last weekend before being knocked down and out in the second round, prompting talkSPORT pundit Jordan to share a conspiracy theory. He wrote on social media: "Not having that [in the] Anthony Joshua fight. Dropped twice and sets the tempo, hows that? Prenga totally different in second [round]. Something not quite right, all designed to rinse maximum amount of money."
But asked about those comments, Prenga told SveaCasino: "What do I make of Simon Jordans comments? Completely false, and irresponsible for anyone to suggest it. AJ and I have integrity, we would never engage in this stupidity. I felt I needed to preserve energy and catch my breath, so I thought I would start slow and replenish my energy. Unfortunately, it didn't happen, and that slower pace allowed AJ to flip control of the fight to him."
Prenga also revealed he was ill during training camp, and added: "What did I learn? Try not to get sick during training camp because you feel the difference from losing those training days and cardio workouts after the first round."
Earlier this week, Sergey Lapin, Director of Team Usyk, also hit back at Jordan's remarks. Joshua teamed up with the Ukrainian's team prior to his bout with YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul back in December - and Lapin once again played a key role on Saturday night.
In an interview with Action Network, Lapin said: "What do I think of Simon Jordans comments? I suppose they also told Prenga to walk straight into a punch that weighed one and a half tonnes. Everyone is entitled to their own theories. I have a friend who still believes the Earth is flat and that space doesnt exist. Personally, Id rather discuss what actually happened inside the ring than someone elses imagination."
Choose Daily Mirror as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |