[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/breaking-anthony-joshuas-next-fight-37064568 [Back]  [Original]

Anthony Joshua's next fight announced as Tyson Fury deal agreed - The Mirror


Skip to main content
The Mirror: The Heart of Britain
Check out our editions:

Anthony Joshua's next fight announced as Tyson Fury deal agreed

After months of anticipation, Anthony Joshua's return to the ring has finally been announced as he takes on Kristian Prenga before clashing with Tyson Fury

Anthony Joshua's next fight has been confirmed(Image: Getty Images)

Anthony Joshua will take on unknown Kristian Prenga on July 25 before finally trading leather with long-time rival Tyson Fury.


The former two-time heavyweight champion has not fought since brutally dismantling YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul back in December. Joshua had been expected to return to action in March, but was involved in a fatal car crash in Nigeria - which resulted in the deaths of close friends Kevin Ayodele and Sina Ghami - just days after his win over Paul.


After taking some time away to recover from such a traumatic near-death experience, the 36-year-old has recently been seen training with ex-rival-turned-friend Oleksandr Usyk over in Valencia. The Brit made his first UK appearance since the crash earlier this month, supporting good friend Derek Chisora in his fight with Deontay Wilder. Just days later, he was also ringside to watch Tyson Fury cruise to victory against Arslanbek Makhmudov. The 'Gypsy King' then called for a quick turnaround showdown with Joshua - with the latter going on to refuse.


FOLLOW OUR FIGHTING FB PAGE! Latest boxing and MMA news, analysis and much more via our dedicated Facebook page

But Joshua has now agreed terms to fight Fury in November - as long as he beats Prenga in Riyhad, Saudi Arabia this summer in a fight to be shown on DAZN. Joshua said: Its no secret Ive taken some time to consolidate and rebuild to be ready for stepping back into the ring and today is the next step on that journey.

Article continues below

"Im delighted to have agreed a multi-fight deal starting with July 25 in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Im looking forward to competing and picking up where I left o. As I said. The landlord will collect his rent. That is certain.

Albanian heavyweight Prenga has won 20 of his fights by knockout and has only one defeat to his name. The 35-year-old said: Anthony Joshua is a great fighter, but he made a terrible miscalculation in picking me as his opponent.

"This is the kind of fight that changes everything in my life and his. I know they have big plans ahead after this fight. I know they are overlooking me. Im happy about that. I will derail their plans and shock the world this July in Saudi Arabia.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Mirror as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page