Need to know
LIV Golf announcement imminent, PIF poised to cut funds, what players know
Ahead of their latest event in Mexico City, LIV Golf's future has been at the centre of frenzied speculation that the Saudi Public Investment Fund is close to pulling the plug
What we know so far as the future of LIV Golf is in question...
- Whats happened: According to a report by the Financial Times on Wednesday, Saudi Arabias Public Investment Fund is on the verge of cutting its support for LIV Golf. In the report it is claimed an announcement on the PIFs involvement with LIV could come as soon as Thursday.
- Emergency meeting: It was claimed by the Telegraph on Wednesday that key executives from the breakaway league have been summoned for a huge emergency meeting in New York. The report claimed that there was not a single executive present on Tuesday at the Club de Golf Chapultepec, the Mexico City venue where the sixth tournament of the league is taking place, after they were all summoned to what was described as an emergency summit in Manhattan.
- Business as usual: However, as things stand, LIV Golf have confirmed to Mirror Sport their executives and senior leadership are on-site at LIV Golf Mexico. While LIV Golf do keep offices in New York City and London, they have insisted they are not in an emergency meeting in New York.
- What players know: Sergio Garcia has revealed that players have been kept in the dark as speculation mounts over the breakaway tour's uncertain future. He said: "We have not heard anything... That is not what Yasir told us at the beginning of the year, that he is behind us, that they have a project of many years.
- More from Garcia: The Spaniard also said: As you know theres always a lot of rumours. I cant tell you more than anything we already know.
- Decision time: According to The Times, a decision on the fate of LIV could come as soon as Thursday. But Yasir Al-Rumayyan, the LIV chairman and PIF governor, warned: The war would add more pressure to reposition priorities.
- Searching for new jobs: Despite LIVs stance of business as usual, The Athletic is reporting that high-level executives at the company are in meetings about the leagues next steps while also beginning their own job searches.
- When information first emerged: That same report from The Athletic also claims that members of the LV leadership team were first told on Sunday, following the Masters, that they would soon lose their positions.
- READ THE FULL STORY HERE: LIV Golf make Mexico announcement as chiefs 'summoned for emergency New York meeting'
Sky has slashed the price of its Essential TV and Sky Sports bundle ahead of the 2025/26 season, saving members 192 and offering more than 1,400 live matches across the Premier League, EFL and more.
Sky will show at least 215 live Premier League games next season, an increase of up to 100 more.