[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/snooker/kyren-wilson-house-burgled-statement-37332736 [Back]  [Original]

Snooker star Kyren Wilson's house burgled as watches worth thousands stolen - The Mirror


Skip to main content
The Mirror: The Heart of Britain
Check out our editions:

Snooker star Kyren Wilson's house burgled as watches worth thousands stolen

Former world snooker champion Kyren Wilson revealed his ordeal in a statement released on social media on Monday evening

Kyren Wilson [Kyren Wilson]
View 2 Images

Kyren Wilson had his house burgled(Image: (Yu Chun Christopher Wong/Eurasia Sport Images/Getty Images))

Kyren Wilson had his house burgled while playing at the Championship League Snooker event on Monday morning. Wilson had got his tournament underway with a 3-0 victory over Haydon Pinhey, but unknown to him at the time, his house was being burgled as he played at the Mattioli Arena.


After learning of the burglary, Wilson immediately withdrew from the tournament. The former snooker world champion has since confirmed that luxury watches, jewellery and cash that had been set aside for a charitable donation have all been stolen.


In a statement posted to his Instagram page, Wilson said: This morning, between 11:04am and 11:22am, my home was burgled while I was away competing in the Championship League Snooker event in Leicester.


The offenders were captured on CCTV and stole several items of significant sentimental and financial value, including a Cartier watch, an Audemars Piguet watch, a ladies Rolex Datejust with a pink dial, and a blue sapphire necklace that I bought for my wife to celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary.

They also stole 2,000 in cash that had been set aside as a donation to the BeMoreFab Childrens Cancer Charity, making this incident even more upsetting for our family.

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK! All the best sports news and much more on our dedicated Facebook page


This has been a deeply distressing experience, not because of the value of the items alone, but because of the personal memories and meaning attached to them.

The matter has been reported to the police and the CCTV footage is being reviewed. If anyone has any information that may assist the investigation, or is offered any of the items described above, please get in touch immediately.

I would appreciate it if people could share this post to help raise awareness and assist in recovering these items. Thank you for your support.


Kyren Wilson's statement on Instagram

Pinhey, Dylan Emery and Michal Szubarczyk were all awarded walkovers as a result of Wilson withdrawing from the competition. Wilson will now not be in action again until the Shanghai Masters, which starts on July 27.

On Saturday it was revealed that Wilson, a former world No2, is to take part in a snooker exhibition event in October that will raise cash for Florence Barks BeMoreFab charity. Hosted by TWSportsManagements Taylor Wilson - Kyrens brother - the event will bring together Kyren, Stuart Bingham, Joe O'Connor and Louis Heathcote.


And Wilson said: Im so proud to be associated with Florence her wonderful family and the awesome BeMoreFab cancer charity!

Day in, day out, Florence inspires many of us taking on her daily life challenges with a smile and bundles of character, this exhibition will be the third one weve hosted and we believe this will be the best one yet!

"All proceeds to the be more fab childrens cancer charity lets raise as much money as possible and have a great night along the way.

Article continues below
Sky Sports, HBO Max, Netflix and Disney+ with Ultimate TV package
This article contains affiliate links, we will receive a commission on any sales we generate from it. Learn more
Product Description

Sky has upgraded its Ultimate TV and Sky Sports bundle to now include HBO Max, Netflix, Disney+, discovery+ and Hayu, as well as 135 channels and full Sky coverage of the Premier League and EFL.

Sky broadcasts more than 1,400 live matches across the Premier League, EFL and more with at least 215 live from the top flight alongside Formula 1, darts and golf.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Mirror as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page