| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/love-island-scott-sluis-withdrew-34616533 | [Back] [Original] |
Scott van der Sluis has revealed he quit Love Island All Stars before even entering the villa.
Scott took to his Snapchat and told fans that he had planned to join All Stars. In a video posted to the app, he said: "I was going to do [All Stars]. I pulled out two days before the show started for various reasons. I sat down with my family and there was quite a few reasons why I decided to go against it.
"But I was on FaceTime to [Luca Bish] every day for about two months straight before he went on. He had lost [access to] his phone by the time I'd pulled out so he doesn't actually know that I'm [not] going in there. He is still expecting me to go in!"
This comes after Luca hinted he could walk from Love Island as he fumed: "I'm done." During the episode, the islanders played a game where they had to complete a task when the bottle landed on them. When it was Lucas turn, he was asked to "snog the islander other than your partner who shares your vibe." He chose to kiss bombshell Samie Elishi, leaving everyone stunned, including Grace Jackson who he's in a couple with.
Samie and Luca had exchanged DMs before the show, but Samie didnt reply, causing Luca to unsend the message. Grace was furious when she saw the kiss and told Luca to "shut the f**k up." Luca, feeling upset, got up and said, Im gone, before walking away from the situation. The other islanders quickly realised that the game was over after Lucas exit.
Scott joining the villa could have been a boost for Luca, as the two are friends outside. Luca has struggled at times in the villa and has even broken down in tears. Scott's arrival could have also given him a chance to reconnect with his former flame, Catherine Agbaje.
Scott and Catherine first met on Love Island's tenth series in 2023, where they developed a promising relationship. However, their connection faced a significant challenge during the Casa Amor segment when Catherine returned to the main villa with newcomer Elom Ahlijah-Wilson, leaving Scott single and vulnerable. Following their time on the show, Catherine and Elom parted ways, leading fans to hope for a rekindling of the romance between Scott and Catherine.
Scott's decision not to join the show follows the departure of a few other contestants. Last week, Scott Thomas chose to leave after struggling to build a connection with any of the girls in the villa. Despite his efforts with Tina Stinnes, he admitted he didnt want to force anything and felt the spark just wasnt there.
On Monday night, Ron Hall decided to leave the show without finding a match. However, he made it clear he wanted to leave "on a happy note." A source told The Mirror: "Ron has left the villa. He feels he no longer wants to wait to see if hell find a connection with a new bombshell."
Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok , Snapchat , Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube and Threads .
Choose Daily Mirror as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |