| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/rylan-clark-strictly-hosting-job-37178187 | [Back] [Original] |
Rylan Clark has spoken out after missing out on the Strictly Come Dancing hosting job. The presenter, 37, who has previously fronted Strictly: It Takes Two, was thought to be in the mix of famous faces under consideration for the top job on the BBC Saturday night favourite after Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman left at the end of last year.
On Tuesday afternoon, the BBC confirmed after much speculation that Emma Willis, who previously worked alongside Rylan on Big Brother, along with comedian Josh Widdicome and Strictly professional Johannes Radebe had been chosen to take the reins.
Almost immediately, Rylan took to social media as he shared a statement alongside a clip of himself dramatically crying in jest.
He wrote: Just wanted to say as it was reported I was in "The Race" for strictly, the biggest congrats to my Emma and equal congrats to Johannes and Josh.
"You're all going to have the best time. Made up for you's This wasn't my time sadly but am extremely grateful to even have been considered. I'm taking the news really well (see next slide) but genuinely looking forward to the new series with you three x"
The BBC announced the news in an Instagram post, where all three appeared. Quiet please, Strictly host reveal 2026, please take your positions, a voiceover said.
Emma sat down first before she was joined on a stool by Johannes. As they posed for photos in front of a purple backdrop, Emma called Josh over, teasing: What are you doing over there? We cant do it without you. In the caption, they said: "Its official...September 2026".
Emma and Josh had both become frontrunners for the role in the last week, with Josh being quizzed about it on Good Morning Britain just hours before the announcement. Josh coyly refused to answer, but said he would "love to do it".
In reaction to getting the role, Emma said: Its no secret that Im a huge fan of Strictly Ive cheered and danced along from my sofa for years so to be stepping into the Strictly ballroom is something I cant quite comprehend.
Its impossible to fill the shoes that Tess and Claudia have left behind two wonderful, iconic women who have been the beating heart of Strictly for so long.
" I can only hope that we are able to help to steer the ship as beautifully as they have, into this new chapter. I cant wait to spend my weekends with Josh and Jojo, the incredible dancers and the judges. Fingers crossed for a 10 from them.
Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads.
Choose Daily Mirror as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |