[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/family-heartbroken-after-caring-woman-37541030 [Back]  [Original]

Family 'heartbroken' after 'caring' woman, 23, dies after car crashes with digger - Daily Star


Skip to main content
The Daily Star: News with a Wink

Family 'heartbroken' after 'caring' woman, 23, dies after car crashes with digger

Natasha Denman, 23, was one of two people in their 20s who died at the scene of a collision in Gorton, Manchester, on Wednesday evening

Natasha Denman, 23, died in the crash in Gorton (Image: GMP)

The family of a 'loving' and 'caring' 23-year-old woman have paid tribute to her after she tragically died in a devastating crash in Manchester last week.


Natasha Denman, 23, was among two people in their twenties who died at the scene of a collision on Hyde Road in Gorton on Wednesday evening (August 5).


Her relatives say they are 'heartbroken' following her 'sudden' death after the car she was travelling in smashed into a stationary digger near the junction with Clumber Road at around 9:30pm.


The crash took place on Wednesday, August 5(Image: MEN)

Greater Manchester Police confirmed that along with Natasha, Jack Cartwright, 24, also died at the scene, with four people having been in the vehicle.

Ms Denman's family said they will 'never recover' from Tasha's death in a statement released by the police on August 11.


Her family said: "Tasha was a much-loved daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece and cousin. We, as a family, will never recover from her sudden and unexpected passing at such a young age.

"Our hearts are forever broken. We would like her to be remembered as the naturally funny, loving and caring person she was.

"She can rest peacefully knowing she will always be cherished. We would politely ask people to accept our request for privacy at this time."


Apollo Simms, 26, of Tealby Road, Manchester, has been charged with two counts of death by dangerous driving and failing to provide a sample for analysis in relation to the incident. He was due to appear at Manchester Magistrates' Court on August 11.

Another individual who was apprehended has been released on bail.

GMP are urging any witnesses who may have observed the moments leading up to the collision or anyone with mobile phone, ring doorbell or dash cam footage to get in touch with them to aid the investigation.

Article continues below

Anyone with information can reach out to the police on 0161 856 4741 quoting the log number 3717 of 05/08/2026. Alternatively, they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page