[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/hunt-serial-london-rapist-cops-37375763 [Back]  [Original]



Skip to main content
The Daily Star: News with a Wink

Hunt for serial London rapist as cops release CCTV of man they want to trace

Officers from the Metropolitan Police have been collecting DNA samples and are offering a 10,000 reward in a bid to identify a man responsible for rapes across the country

CCTV released to identify south London rapist

Police are on the hunt for a serial rapist responsible for two attacks in the city. Officers are gathering DNA evidence and offering a 10,000 reward in a bid to identify the suspect.


CCTV footage has been released of a man investigators are keen to trace. A Met Police spokesperson said: "Over two years ago, on Wednesday, 19 June 2024 Met officers launched an investigation following the rape of a woman in Sewell Road, Abbey Wood.


"The suspect is seen on CCTV to lead the vulnerable victim to a derelict area and a short time later, she contacted police to report she had been raped. Further enquiries connected the suspect captured within the CCTV footage to a similar offence involving another vulnerable woman near the Thames Path in Thamesmead in May 2020.


Police are keen to trace this man

"The victims have continued to be supported by specialist Met officers and partner agencies.

"Momentum behind this complex investigation has remained ongoing, with detectives carrying out extensive enquiries using DNA matched from the scenes of both investigations.


"A team of dedicated officers have been working through a list of men who share familial DNA to rule out or highlight potential suspects. This familial DNA list was compiled by the National Crime Agency who have been supporting with this investigation.

"Officers have travelled to locations across the country, to obtain voluntary evidential samples from members of the public who could potentially be biologically related to the suspect.

"Investigating officers are also recirculating a photo of a man, who they would like to speak with in connection with the investigation."


Detective Chief Inspector Zoe Hendrick, who is leading the investigation said: This man has targeted two very vulnerable women, raping them in daylight hours in residential areas.

Investigations of this nature are extremely rare and our priority since the launch of the first investigation has been to support the victims and identify the man responsible.

Police are investigating (stock)(Image: Getty)


In addition to the DNA enquiries, we previously issued an image of a man who we would like to speak with in connection with these investigations. We are recirculating these images in the hope that someone may recognise him and assist with our enquiries.

The independent charity Crimestoppers is offering a reward of up to 10,000 for information they receive anonymously that leads to the conviction of the man responsible.

Alexa Loukas, Regional Manager for Greater London at the charity Crimestoppers, said: This is a deeply concerning case, and someone may hold information that could make a vital difference.


"Contacting Crimestoppers is completely anonymous: no names, no statement and no court appearance. We dont want to know who you are, just what you know. If you recognise the man or know anything about these incidents, please tell our charity. It could help bring justice for the victims and prevent further harm against other women and girls.

If you recognise this man or have any information that could assist the investigation, please call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and give reference CAD 3842/30JUN2026

Information can also be given completely anonymously to independent charity Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111 or by visiting crimestoppers.uk.org. Crimestoppers does not ask for personal details and cannot trace IP addresses.

Article continues below

The reward will only be payable for information passed directly to Crimestoppers and not to the police.

A reward code must be asked for when calling 0800 555 111. If you contact the charity via our online form anonymously, the Keep in Contact portal must be used, and a reward code requested on initial contact.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

AcceptHunt for serial London rapist as cops release CCTV of man they want to trace - Daily Star
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page