[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/isle-man-tt-axe-wielder-17204894 [Back]  [Original]

Isle of Man TT axe wielder arrested after entering course with weapon - Daily Star


Skip to main content
The Daily Star: News with a Wink

Isle of Man TT axe wielder arrested after entering course with weapon

AN AXE wielding man who allegedly entered the race course at the Isle of Man TT appeared in court today charged with affray.

Guy Martin crashes at the Isle of Man TT in 2010

The 26-year-old, from Peel, is also accused of breaking a road closure following Sundays incident near Laurel Bank on the Isle of Man TT course.


An Isle of Man police spokesman said the man allegedly entered the race and was threatening and abusive towards staff.


Insp Andrew Reed added: "It's extremely dangerous for any person to enter a closed road.


"Not only does it place themselves in danger but other members of the public, riders and police officers too."

Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to come forward.

Laurel Bank is a fast right-hand turn before Glen Helen on the TT course.


ACCUSED: Man has appeared in court charged with affray (Image: Getty )

Tragedy struck the festival today after racer Daley Mathieson died following a horror crash at the circuit.

Mathieson, 27, was involved in an incident on lap three of the RST Superbike race - the first event of the festival.


The race was immediately red-flagged, and his heartbroken wife, Natalie confirmed he had passed away in an emotional message on his Twitter page.

She wrote: "Not something I ever wanted to write but here we go.

"Daley, as Daisy says, is now sleeping with the fairies. Thats all I can bring myself to say right now.


SHOCKING: Axe wielding man entered fray at Isle of Man TT (Image: Getty )

"The last image I saw of my husband, was of a man so happy with life and so proud of his racing."

Last week another TT visitor was fined 1,500 for walking across the course during qualifying.


Isle of Man TT is a motorbike race event that takes place on the island every year and attracts thousands of visitors from all over the world.

It estimated that around 37 miles of public roads are closed for the the worlds biggest motorcycling festival.

DANGEROUS: Man said to have been wielding an axe (Image: Getty )

Article continues below

This years event has been repeatedly interrupted by bad weather with just two out of 10 qualifying sessions going ahead since the beginning of the festival.

The opening race of the week was red-flagged just three laps in as the result of an incident near Snugborough, Union Mills on Monday.

Peter Hickman won the race after the result was declared after lap two because of the incident.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page