[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/suspected-epstein-pimp-probed-over-37463044 [Back]  [Original]

Suspected Epstein pimp probed over helping paedo 'traffic women' found dead at home - Daily Star


Skip to main content
The Daily Star: News with a Wink

Suspected Epstein pimp probed over helping paedo 'traffic women' found dead at home

Daniel Siad, who was named 2,000 times in the Epstein files, has been found dead at his home in Paris, where he was under investigation for his ties to the billionaire paedophile

Daniel Siad was named 2,000 times in the Epstein files(Image: Department of Justice)

A modelling scout suspected to have been a 'pimp' for Jeffrey Epstein has been found dead at his home. Daniel Siad, 69, was named 2,000 times in FBI files relating to the billionaire sex trafficker released earlier this year.

Siad who had been under investigation in France on suspicion of helping the paedophile financier traffic and abuse women was discovered on Monday in Colombes, a north-west suburb of Paris. His cause of death is currently unclear.

French prosecutors said an autopsy is set to take place, adding: "An investigation to determine the cause of death was opened on Monday evening following the discovery."

Siad said he "trusted" Epstein(Image: Corbis via Getty Images)

Siad's name appeared 2,090 times in the latest batch of Epstein files released by the US government. He appeared to liken his job of allegedly recruiting women to fishing, documents suggest.

In one email, released in the files, he said to Epstein in 2014: In This busyness I feel like fisherman some time I cache quick, some time no fish.

He had previously denied any knowledge of the threat that Epstein posed. But an Epstein victim previously told the BBC Siad had allegedly introduced her to the late sex offender. She described Siad as "essentially a professional trafficker" and said: "It was a complete set-up."

Epstein died in prison in 2019 (Image: Patrick McMullan via Getty Image)

Siad, who was born in Algeria, is alleged to have acted as a recruiter in France for Epstein. He worked with him from the late 2000s up until 2017, according to reports. In a recent interview, Siad said he did not know the women were being abused by Epstein.

He told CNN: "I trust in him, I believe him. This guy is a professional person -he needs somebody. He knows I have good connections around. If I find the right person who can assist him, I am honoured."

Siad claimed he had visited Epsteins 10million Paris lair named Avenue Foch, but insisted he only went for business meetings, which usually lasted only about 10 to 15 minutes.

Lawyers say it's another hurdle in Epstein's victims push for justice(Image: TNS via Getty Images)

Siad said: "Each time I presented him with models, and I left with the models. I only had professional relations with him. I dont know his private life."

Siad had himself also been accused of rape and sexual assault by five women. Swedish model Ebba Karlsson claimed she was raped in 1990 after Siad allegedly threatened her.

He denied wrongdoing in multiple recent media interviews, telling BFMTV in May: "I have never raped anyone in my life." Epstein died in prison in 2019 while awaiting trial for sex trafficking.

Anne-Claire Le Jeune, part of a group of lawyers which pushed for an investigation into Epstein in Paris in 2019, said victims had been deprived of justice.

She told the BBC: "My clients found the strength to break a particularly heavy silence, given Daniel Siad's ties to Jeffrey Epstein. They faced every stage of the proceedings with remarkable courage.

"It is deeply regrettable that the slow pace of the investigation resulted in his death before he could be questioned or taken into police custody, thereby depriving the victims of a crucial step in their pursuit of truth and justice."

Article continues below
[]

Join Gold Star!

Gold Star is the latest chapter in the evolution of the Daily Star. Our premium digital service has launched, offering you even more of our brilliant journalism but with even fewer adverts.

And if you do, this is what youll get:

- A new ad-lite subscription service offering unlimited access to Gold Star and our app, as well as a cleaner viewing experience with far fewer ads

- Access to exclusive subscriber-only articles crafted specifically for readers who want their stories to dig a little deeper. This will include unique insight from our writers alongside thought-provoking comment

- Bespoke special offers, rewards and competitions from our partners

- Access our Gold Nuggets, the juiciest picks from the Daily Star - no digging required!

- The most fun you can have with a daily news brand anywhere in the world!

Membership starts at 1.99 a month or 12 for the year. These are both Gold Star launch offers for the next 12 months so make sure you dont miss out.

Click on this article to subscribe

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page