| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/uk-news/builders-human-remains-biggin-hill-37550296 | [Back] [Original] |
Human bones have been uncovered in the garden of a London home, with stunned builders making the grim find last Friday - and the home has been a crime scene ever since.
London's Metropolitan Police raced to the scene in Biggin Hill and quickly cordoned off the unoccupied home on Aperfield Road at about 3.30pm last Friday, the force confirmed.
Biggin Hill is a usually quiet, leafy locale that doesn't usually see much fuss, with the exception of its mega-celeb resident Tom Cruise, who owns a home there.
Until another, slightly less warm body was discovered. The Met has since confirmed the bones found were human after they were sent off for specialist examination.
A spokesperson for the force said: The bones were sent for specialist examination and were confirmed to be human.
However, further testing is underway to establish the age of the bones and ascertain identity.The force says that an investigation remains ongoing to establish the full circumstances.
The home has been sealed off ever since, with neighbours still in the dark about what may have happened on their usually quiet little south London street seven days on from the horror discovery.
Authorities are still trying to piece together how the skeleton came to be in the garden of the Aperfield Road bungalow with forensic tents set up as well as temporary fencing to keep the nosy parkers out.
One neighbor told The Sun that the new homeowner had recently purchased the two-bedroom home and had not yet moved in.They said: Nobody lives there at the moment.An old lady lived there for years, but she moved away, and another woman bought it to completely refurbish it. She couldnt move in until theyd finished.The builders discovered something on Friday, and of course, they completely had to stop work.Another neighbour added: The woman whos bought the property is having renovations done. She must be absolutely horrified.Shes had builders in doing all sorts of things. Last week, they were digging up the back patio, and there were piles of rubbish on the drive.A grab lorry came and took some of it away, and then suddenly, on Friday, a police vehicle arrived outside, and police tape went across, and they were there 24/7.The neighbour added: The cordon has come down now because theyve secured the building.
One insider also told the Sun that power, gas, and water has all been shut off at the home while police investigate.
He also revealed that forensics have been searching the property from top to bottom, and have been preserving evidence on green trays.Local planning documents show an application for a single-storey rear extension at the premise.
Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |