[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/horror-russia-homemade-bomb-carried-37506182 [Back]  [Original]

Horror in Russia as homemade bomb carried by a woman kills three in Moscow - Daily Star


Skip to main content
The Daily Star: News with a Wink

Horror in Russia as homemade bomb carried by a woman kills three in Moscow

The horror incident happened in central Moscow at 8pm, when the area - known to be a popular spot in the evenings - was packed

The woman detonated a bomb(Image: Anadolu via Getty Images)

A homemade bomb carried by a woman was detonated, killing three people and injuring at least 21 in an explosion near an upscale restaurant.


The horror incident happened in central Moscow at 8pm, when the area - known to be a popular spot in the evenings - was packed. The explosion occurred close to an Italian restaurant located in one of Moscows seven Stalin-era skyscrapers at Kudrinkskaya Square, the police said.Anti-Terror cops say the unnamed woman had attempted to get inside the restaurant but was stopped by the restaurant's security staff.


The bomb was then detonated, killing the woman, the security guard and a nearby customer at the Balzi Rossi Italian restaurant.


Police have not released a motive(Image: Anadolu via Getty Images)

Russia s state RIA news agency released video of heavily armed law enforcement officers at the scene, which had been closed off to the public.

Police have released no information on those killed or the person responsible.


News outlets based in Moscow say they have been given information that the woman may not have been working alone.

At least three have been killed(Image: SERGEI ILNITSKY/EPA/Shutterstock)

It has been suggested in numerous news companies that the bomb had been set off by someone else remotely and that the woman carrying it may not have known that it was an explosive device.


The woman was wearing a device(Image: Anadolu via Getty Images)

The restaurants website said the venue had been closed on Saturday for a private event and it was not known if it was a targeted attack.

The case is now ongoing and police are investigating.

Article continues below

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletters.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page