[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/ana-de-armas-describes-john-33677862 [Back]  [Original]

Ana de Armas describes John Wick spin-off as 'sexy' as she teases date for trailer - Daily Star


Skip to main content
The Daily Star: News with a Wink

Ana de Armas describes John Wick spin-off as 'sexy' as she teases date for trailer

Ana de Armas has teased what fans can expect from her John Wick spin-off movie and said the first-look trailer is on it's way.

Keanu Reeves hits red carpet for John Wick: Chapter 4

John Wick fans are in for a treat as a spin-off movie is in the works, with Ana de Armas headlining the film as the lead star.


John Wick Presents: Ballerina will follow Rooney (played by Ana), a ballerina-turned-assassin who is attempting to avenge the murder of her family. The movie's events will take place between the third and fourth John Wick films, starring Keanu Reeves.


The film was originally set for a June 7, 2024 release date, but due to certain parts of Ballerina having to be reshot, it's been pushed back by nearly a year. Despite having to wait longer than anticipated, Ana has teased what's to come and has promised that it'll be worth the wait.


John Wick is getting a spin-off film(Image: Murray Close/Lionsgate)

She told Collider: "Every time they say you have reshoots, it's not good. You don't feel good about it.

"All we did in those reshoots had to be there. We got amazing footage. It's really spectacular. A trailer is coming out soon, I've been told. I saw it, and it's beautiful.


"I'm very proud of it. It's really exciting. It's dangerous, it's sexy, it's very John Wick. I think people are going to be surprised. I'm biased. Of course, I like the movie, but I think it's really cool. It's going to be amazing."

Aside from Ana, the film will see Keanu reprise his role as the iconic John Wicks alongside a great ensemble cast.

Keanu Reeves is reprising his role as the iconic character for the sequel(Image: Getty Images for Netflix)


Anjelica Huston will star as 'The Director', Gabriel Byrne will be the main antagonist and Lance Reddick will appear as Charon.

This will mark Lance's last on-screen appearance after he died in March last year. It has been directed by Len Wiseman who previously helmed the horror franchise Underworld as well as the fourth Die Hard film.

In March 2023, producer Erica Lee stated that Lionsgate has tentative plans to develop a sequel of Ballerina, starring Ana.

Article continues below

This won't be the first time Ana and Keanu have worked together after they starred in thriller, Knock Knock in 2015. They followed this up by starring opposite one another in yet another thriller titled Exposed in 2016.

John Wicks Presents: Ballerina will release in cinemas on June 6 2025.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page