| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/perez-hiltons-family-release-statement-37518796 | [Back] [Original] |
Perez Hilton's family have shared an update ater the Celebrity Big Brother star was hospitalised.
The 48-year-old, whose real name is Mario Lavandeira, sparked concerns for his wellbeing when he appeared to self-harm during a TikTok livestream. The social media star seemed to be covered in blood while holding a knife during the livestream, and worried viewers had reported a man "livestreaming acts of self-harm".
Emergency services were called to Hilton's home in Miami on Tuesday (August 4). His family have now spoken out confirming that he is receiving medical care during what is a "difficult time" for them.
A statement on his website this evening delivered "An Update From Perez Hilton Team & Family". It read: "Many of you have reached out with concern for Perez, and we are incredibly grateful for the overwhelming outpouring of love, support, and prayers.
"We can confirm that Perez is receiving medical care, and our familys focus right now is on his well-being. We kindly ask that you respect Perezs privacy, as well as the privacy of his family, during this difficult time.
"If and when we are able to share any updates, we will do so with everyone as soon as we can. Thank you for your compassion, understanding, and continued support." Daily Star has contacted Hilton's representatives for comment.
The Miami-Dade Sheriff's Office told US media that an individual had been safely recovered and transported to a local hospital, where they were receiving treatment. Police explained that their crisis response unit and mental health professionals were supporting the individual's family at the scene.
In a statement, the Miami-Dade Sheriff's office said: "Deputies quickly located the individual's residence, where they spoke with family members on scene, and confirmed he was alone inside." Authorities decided to "tactically disengage while continuing to monitor the situation and providing the needed support to his family."
They continued: "In many incidents involving a person experiencing a mental health crisis or actively harming themselves, deputies prioritise de-escalation by creating time, distance, and opportunities for communication.
"Unless there is an immediate threat to others, slowing the situation and utilising crisis intervention techniques can reduce the likelihood of a suicide-by-cop encounter and minimise the risk of injury to the individual, deputies, and the public."
Hilton's TikTok acocunt has been suspended. TikTok said the livestream was flagged within minutes to the company's moderation team for review, but a moderator error caused a delay in the livestream's removal. The company alerted law enforcement to the situation.
When life is difficult, Samaritans are available day or night, 365 days a year. You can call them for free on 116 123 or visit samaritans.org.
Have you joined Threads? Follow Daily Star to keep up to date on all things showbiz here .
Want all the biggest Showbiz and TV news straight to your inbox? Sign up for our free Daily Star Showbiz newsletter.
Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |