| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/piers-morgan-hits-out-harry-29381148 | [Back] [Original] |
Piers Morgan has branded Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's statement about them receiving an invite to King Charles' coronation as "arrogant".
On Sunday, a spokesperson for the pair explained they had received "email correspondence" from the King's office which invited them to the ceremony.
They added that their attendance "will not be disclosed" at this time.
READ MORE: Piers Morgan issues 'gender update' in another savage dig at 'over-thirsty' Sam Smith
The TalkTV presenter later took to Twitter to lash out at the bashful couple, saying: "The arrogance of this statement is comical."
Many of his followers agreed and rushed to the comment section to make further jibes at the pair.
One said: "Clearly waiting to hear from the Netflix producers if they can get a camera crew in time."
But some claimed Piers wouldn't have been happy with any statement the pair had put out about the Coronation.
One person wrote: "Accept the invitation they shouldnt be there!'"
"Decline the invitation - 'theyre disrespecting the King! They should be there! Not yet responded to the invitation how dare they take some time to respond!'"
Earlier this week it was revealed the pair had been asked to move out of their Frogmore Cottage home in the grounds of Windsor Castle by the King.
According to reports, the keys to the cottage have been offered to Prince Andrew and he has been asked to leave his Royal Lodge home, which is also located in the grounds of the castle.
Despite living in California, Harry and Meghan have kept some of their belongings at the five-bedroom property.
After the King's decision over the accommodation was announced Piers branded it a "smart" move.
On his TalkTV show on Wednesday, Piers locked horns with guest Tessa Dunlop about the couple.
The loudmouth host said the King had to act swiftly because they had the potential to cause the downfall of the monarchy.
Piers said: "Actually what Charles has done, in my view very smartly, is now moved to save the monarchy and its reputation from these two flamethrowers who keep wanting to trash it and burn it to the ground."
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
READ NEXT:
Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |