[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/boxing/daniel-dubois-shoves-oleksandr-usyk-35130704 [Back]  [Original]

Daniel Dubois shoves Oleksandr Usyk as what happens next shows 'he's in big trouble' - Daily Star


Skip to main content
The Daily Star: News with a Wink

Daniel Dubois shoves Oleksandr Usyk as what happens next shows 'he's in big trouble'

Daniel Dubois and Oleksandr Usyk almost came to blows as the two faced off for the first time since their undisputed heavyweight world title bout was announced

Daniel Dubois shoved Oleksander Usyk(Image: Queensberry Promotions)

Daniel Dubois and Oleksandr Usyk almost came to blows in their first face-off.


The 27-year-old, who demolished Anthony Joshua to win the IBF heavyweight title in September last year, is set to take on Usyk for a second time after suffering a knockout defeat in Poland in August 2023.


Their undisputed heavyweight world title fight was announced on the weekend for July 19 at Wembley and the anticipation for the night has already begun. The two met on the pitch at Wembley in the first face-off but the moment soon descended into chaos as security were forced to intervene.


Dubois pushed his rival in the chest, seeing the Ukrainian jump into his stance, as the Brit appeared to flinch as he backed off and raised his fists.

After security rushed in, Usyk was joined by his team, and the 38-year-old started laughing in the face of Dubois, who turned around with a grim to his own entourage.

Dubois and Usyk almost came to blows(Image: Queensberry Promotions)


Fans took to social media to react to Dubois antics and reaction, with one user saying on X: Usyk is loving it. Dubois is in big big trouble.

A second mocked: He pushed him and flinched. A third clocked: Usyk went straight to a fighting stance. While a fourth added: There will be no controversy in this fight usyk schools him.

The original fight between the two was caught up in controversy after Dubois dropped Usyk to the canvas in the fifth round with a body shot.


Content cannot be displayed without consent
[]

Don't miss a thing with Daily Star Sport updates!

Want to keep up with all of the latest sport news? Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star Sport email newsletter!

From football, darts, boxing and UFC, to horse racing, F1, snooker and golf, get it all in your email inbox.

How do you sign up?

Simply click on this link, then provide your email address and that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top football stories.

You can also sign up for our Daily Star Football email for all the latest transfer news and breaking stories, right here

However, it was ruled a low blow and Usyk was given the maximum five minutes to recover.


Despite some arguing that the shot was a legal blow, Usyk went on to win the fight in the ninth round after Dubois fell to his knee in the eighth and ninth round, where he was subsequently counted out.

In his post-fight interview, Dubois said, "I didn't think that was a low blow. I thought that landed, and I've been cheated out of victory tonight."

However, Usyk's promoter Alex Krassyuk argued: "The belly button is the line. Anything low of that is a low blow."


Usyk was dropped by a low blow from Dubois(Image: Getty Images)

Dubois' team bid to have his defeat to Usyk changed to a no-contest following the low-blow call, but it was rejected by the WBA.

This is the fight I wanted and demanded and now I get my chance for revenge against Oleksandr Usyk, said Dubois after their July fight was announced.

Article continues below

I should have won the first fight and was denied by the judgment of the referee, so I will make no mistake this time around in front of my people at the national stadium in my home city.

I am a superior and more dangerous fighter now and Usyk will find this out for himself on July 19. I would like to thank my promoter Frank for making this happen for me and I intend to repay him by becoming the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page