[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/darts/luke-littler-still-gets-50-36380992 [Back]  [Original]

Luke Littler still gets 50 pocket money despite raking in 2m prize money - Daily Star


Skip to main content
The Daily Star: News with a Wink

Luke Littler still gets 50 pocket money despite raking in 2m prize money

Darts supremo Barry Hearn said that Luke Littler, who has won nine Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) majors, has 'stayed grounded' ahead of the start of the World Darts Championship

Darts world champion Luke Littler still gets 50 a week pocket money despite raking in almost 2m in prize money.

The teenage sensation has won nine Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) majors, banked 1,970,500 and climbed from world number 164 to number 1 in two years. Darts supremo Barry Hearn said: They always say never work with children or animals.

But watching Littler evolve, hes a different beast to the one who stepped on that stage at 16. Hes got so much confidence. This kid cant go for a pint with his mates, go to a restaurant without the world bugging him.

Fans in Ally Pally

Thats quite something to come to terms with, but his performance hasnt been affected by that. Hes stayed grounded.

Hes bought his mum and dad a five-bedroom house in the country, but last time I spoke to him he still gets 50 quid a week pocket money.

The Nukes runaway success has sent demand to attend this years championship through the roof. This years tournament sold out in 12 minutes to PDC members before even going on general sale.

He's enjoying huge success(Image: Getty Images)

In 2023-24, 4.8million people tuned in to watch Littlers final with Luke Humphries, with a peak audience of 3.71million Skys biggest ever non-football audience.

The Nuke is the youngest world number one in PDC history after the 18-year-old beat Michael van Gerwens record set at 24.

Barry Hearn has been speaking about Luke Littler ahead of the 2026 PDC World Darts Championship gets under way at Alexandra Palace (Image: (George Wood/Getty Images))

He will return to Alexandra Palace on Thursday (December 11) as the reigning world champion, where he faces Lithuanian Darius Labanauskas in the first round.

Fans often dress up for the tournament(Image: PA)

Hearn also said even the Royal Family must pay to enjoy the game at Ally Pally. The darts boss said he gets them asking him for tickets along with Premier League footballers on 300,000 a week who try to "ponce" off him.

But he refuses to be wowed by their status and said: "I make 'em all pay. You want to go to the darts? Give me and the sport the respect it deserves or Ill see you later... maybe next Tuesday."

Article continues below

It comes as Littler was picked for back-to-back glory at the World Darts Championship by a psychic pig. Truffle, who correctly picked Littler to win his maiden Sid Waddell trophy last year, has again sniffed out the Nuke for glory at the Alexandra Palace.

But he will have to overcome a bumper field to prove the porky prophet correct.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page