| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/doggers-set-descend-wimbledon-outdoor-37221863 | [Back] [Original] |
Game, set and snatch - doggers may cause a racket at this year's Wimbledon after being encouraged to descend on the tournament.
Dogging Action, which promotes romp spots for alfresco sex fans, says the two-week tennis championships will bring with it "some of the most unexpectedly active dogging in London".
They are encouraging their followers to head to nearby Wimbledon Park, just yards from south west London's All England Lawn Tennis Club, promising its car park will host hotter action than Centre Court.
In a call out to members last month, the group said: "Wimbledon fortnight brings strawberries, Centre Court drama, and if you know where to look some of the most unexpectedly active dogging in London.
"Turns out that when you pack SW19 with tanned, athletic bodies in short skirts, not everyone goes straight home after the last set.
"Wimbledon Park sits just yards from the All England Lawn Tennis Club, and its car park has quietly established itself as one of South Londons better-known outdoor sex spots."
The arrival of doggers at the event may spark a shock for tennis fans as the car park in their crosshairs is where the queue for Wimbledon starts.
Dogging Action also suggested nearby Wimbledon Common because it "offers considerably more cover" for its more retiring members.
It is not the first time the car park in question has been at the centre of a dogging storm.
In 2016, locals were disgusted by unsavoury activity by dogging enthusiasts and put up a sign voicing their disapproval.
It came as dogwalkers complained of couples lurking around in bushes in broad daylight and romping in front of young families.
Despite local concern, Dogging Action says its members "have been unmoved by this appeal".
Wimbledon starts on Monday June 29. The women's final is scheduled for Saturday 11 July and the men's final on Sunday July 12.
World number one and one time Wimbledon champion Jannik Sinner is the favourite to win this year's men's tournament.
World number one and three-time Wimbledon semi-finalist Aryna Sabalenka is the favourite to win the women's tournament.
The All England Lawn Tennis Club was approached for comment. Wimbledon Lib Dem MP Paul Kohler was also approached for comment.
Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |