| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/cristiano-ronaldo-transfer-bruno-fernandes-32815129 | [Back] [Original] |
Cristiano Ronaldo wants Bruno Fernandes to leave Manchester United and join him in the Saudi Pro League next season.
Fernandes has emerged as the No.1 target of Ronaldo's club Al-Nassr. The Saudi outfit are willing to break the bank to lure Fernandes - with Ronaldo urging them to land the Portuguese midfielder.
United captain Fernandes has become disillusioned at Old Trafford, and held a meeting with club bosses last week to discuss his future and the club's ambitions going forward. Fernandes is said to have sought assurances from new United investor Sir Jim Ratcliffe and his football leadership team about their vision for the club in the coming years.
READ MORE: Man Utd 'make contact' with Kieran McKenna as pressure on Erik ten Hag grows
READ MORE: Man Utd players 'not happy' after WAGs told via text club won't pay for FA Cup trip
Fernandes' current deal runs until 2027 and United are not concerned about losing the 29-year-old. But United have admitted privately they have to match the ambitions of Fernandes, who has won just one trophy since joining them in 2020.
United have failed to qualify for the Champions League next season and could even miss out on Europe altogether following a woeful campaign.
Do you think Manchester United should sell Bruno Fernandes? Let us know in the comments section below.
Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk are set to lock horns again on December 21 with the Brit attempting to avenge his defeat by the Ukrainian in May. Victory for Fury could also set up a huge domestic showdown with bitter rival Anthony Joshua next year
Al-Nassr signed Ronaldo from United in December 2022, after the icon engineered his Old Trafford exit in an explosive interview in which he said he did not rate boss Erik ten Hag.
The mega-rich Saudi club are looking to strengthen their squad in a number of positions, including signing an attacking midfielder - with Fernandes their first-choice. Al-Nassr are expected to test United's resolve with a lucrative bid this summer.
It remains to be seen if Ratcliffe is willing to cash in on Fernandes. But financial constraints at Old Trafford mean United will have to sell some star names before being able to make significant signings. United are planning a significant squad overhaul this summer.
Raphael Varane has announced he is leaving, while the likes of Anthony Martial, Christian Eriksen, Casemiro, Jadon Sancho and Mason Greenwood will also be sold.
Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |