[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-news-transfers-kone-37479366 [Back]  [Original]

Man Utd news: 70m target 'asks for transfer to Old Trafford' as star 'agrees contract' - Daily Star


Skip to main content
The Daily Star: News with a Wink

Man Utd news: 70m target 'asks for transfer to Old Trafford' as star 'agrees contract'

Manchester United's pre-season has kicked into gear and so has Michael Carrick's summer transfer window recruitment drive for the Red Devils

Michael Carrick faces a busy transfer window

Manchester United are said to be close to landing their next midfield target for Michael Carrick.


After demolishing Norwegian outfit Rosenborg 5-0 in their latest pre-season friendly on Friday evening, the Red Devils are again turning their attention to the summer transfer window, ahead of the next scheduled clash with Spanish titans Atletico Madrid on Saturday.


Andrey Santos, Youri Tielemans and Karl Darlow have already arrived to help boost a challenge on all four fronts next season, with United back in the Champions League and hoping to impress in the Premier League and domestic cups. But more signings are required - particularly in midfield. Here's all the latest news from Old Trafford.


Michael Carrick is working hard on transfers(Image: Kirill KUDRYAVTSEV / AFP via Getty Images)

JOIN US ON FB! Get all the best sports news and much more on our Facebook page

Manu Kone agrees transfer

Manu Kone is said to have agreed personal terms to move to Old Trafford, reports the Mirror.


Corriere dello Sport reports the Roma midfielder is eager to join the Premier League giants, with a fee still to be finalised.

It is believed that United are in discussions with Roma and intend to lodge a bid of approximately 42.7million.

Manu Kone wants a switch to the Premier League(Image: Getty Images)


Real Madrid pulled out of the pursuit for Kone after having their 34.1m offer for the 25-year-old turned down.

Saudi outfit Al-Ahli and Chelsea are also keen and Kone's price tag could climb to 51.2m should a bidding war develop.

The 6ft 1in star, who began his career at Toulouse before blossoming at Borussia Monchengladbach, has 19 caps for France.


Premier League star requests Utd move

Carlos Baleba is still eager to make a move to Manchester United after his 100m price tag proved a major stumbling block last summer.

Baleba's representatives have reportedly reached out to United once more to explore a potential move to Old Trafford.


Fabrizio Romano reports the 22-year-old's camp has initiated contact and is keen for him to play under Carrick.

The Brighton midfielder was angling for a transfer last year, viewing United as his ideal destination. The Seagulls' 100m asking price, however, put the brakes on any possible deal.

Yet, with Baleba's transfer fee now reduced to approximately 70m, he could emerge as a viable option for United given this substantial decrease in valuation.

Article continues below

The Cameroonian central or defensive midfielder has three goals in 92 appearances for Brighton.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page