[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ufc/ufc-white-house-mcgregor-trump-35940753 [Back]  [Original]

Inside UFC's White House fight plans as Dana White and Conor McGregor to wow Donald Trump - Daily Star


Skip to main content
The Daily Star: News with a Wink

Inside UFC's White House fight plans as Dana White and Conor McGregor to wow Donald Trump

UFC ULTIMATE INSIDER COLUMN: The anticipation is already building as the UFC looks to play a significant role in Donald Trump's July 4 celebrations with a White House card taking shape

Dana White has vowed to put on a one-of-a-kind show for Donald Trump at the White House next year(Image: AFP via Getty Images)

The Dana White House experience is taking shape as plans to mark Americas 250th birthday with a UFC mega card featuring Conor McGregor on Donald Trumps front lawn took a big step forward.


UFC president Dana White has revealed more details about how he intends to transform 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue his take on Homes Under the Hammerfist to hold a grandstand pay-per-view, which is likely to take place next June as part of the countrys July 4 Independence Day celebrations.


While the current occupant of the White House has already redesigned the interior, taking inspiration from Auric Goldfinger and Louis XIV by the looks of the Oval Office, White has revealed how the installation of an octagon outside will provide plenty of resale value.


White told Fox News about his grand designs, saying: I love these one-of-one-type events, like we did at The Sphere [in Las Vegas] last year for Noche UFC.

This is an incredible opportunity, not only for the fans and for the sport, but for the fighters.

UFC chief Dana White welcomes Donald Trump and Kid Rock to UFC 295(Image: Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)


For the fighters to be able to be a part of something like this, its incredible. And for the fans, come to Washington DC all week, go to these historic places and to be able to enjoy UFC and all of the history DC has its a one-of-one experience.

The application process for seats may be for high-end bidders only, with just 5,000 tickets on offer, but White is already looking to sweeten the deal by throwing in a McGregor return on top.

The Irishman, who last fought in July 2021, breaking his leg in a losing effort to Dustin Poirier, is set to main event against Americas Michael Chandler.


The White House account on X posted photos of what the UFC event could look like(Image: @WhiteHouse)

The pair were supposed to clash in June 2024, before McGregor broke a toe, but the pull of Donald and Danas double act appears to have reignited the former two-division champs desire to step back in the cage.

The Mac is excited to get back, for sure, said The Notorious on Fox & Friends. Im on [the White House show]. This is me [against] Michael Chandler.


Michael and myself have done the [reality] show The Ultimate Fighter, we have had a good back and forth. Hes a good, tough guy.

With the blueprints in place for the UFCs White House renovation, what are the finishing touches that should ensure a maximum return on investment?

The White House account on X posted photos of what the UFC event could look like(Image: @WhiteHouse)


Conor McGregor has answered Dana White's call for the White House event(Image: Getty Images for Cantor Fitzgera)

The one major stumbling block for a Stars N Stripes extravaganza is that the UFCs only American champion is Kayla Harrison, so a bantamweight title defence looks like a guarantee for the Olympic judo gold medallist.

And to celebrate the day we gave them the keys to the country, Britains Tom Aspinall will co-main, I believe, in a rematch with Frenchman Ciryl Gane after the pair put on a barnburner at UFC 321 Ted Rogers favourite PPV next month.

Article continues below

UP NEXT: UFC Perth, Sunday, 3am. Dominick Reyes looks to push his light-heavyweight title credentials against Kiwi Carlos Ulberg.

MONEY MATCH: Reyes (2/1) has finally bounced back since being robbed of lifting the title against Jon Jones in 2020 and can put himself on the verge of a second chance. Odds and full UFC betting available at Betway.com

FINAL SAY: "I am really excited for this fight, I really am This guys experience is on a whole new level. Alex Pereira is ready for his rematch with light-heavyweight champ Magomed Ankalaev at UFC 320 on October 5.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page