| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/breaking-mike-graham-sacked-talktv-36234178 | [Back] [Original] |
TalkTV host Mike Graham has officially been sacked.
On 12 November, staff were informed that the presenter will not be returning to work after the "abhorrent and vile post" was shared on his Facebook page.
News UK, parent company of Talk, issued a statement saying: "An abhorrent and vile post appeared on Mike Grahams Facebook page in October. Mike Graham said this was not posted by him and he agreed to cooperate with a company investigation, using an independent forensic firm."
"He later reneged on several opportunities to cooperate with the company investigation. We have been gravely concerned at his repeated failure to cooperate on such a serious matter and the decision has been taken that Mike Graham will not return to Talk."
Graham was suspended from the broadcaster back in October following a racist Facebook post, which he claimed was unwillingly shared on his personal page after he was hacked.
A picture shared on the 65-year-old presenter's social media showed an image of a Winston Churchill statue and a picture of a London Underground tube carriage packed to the brim with people, one of them an innocent bystander wearing a hijab.
The caption read: "Tell me we're not f***** by multicultural b*******. Why are we surrounded by non-white people? Just f*** off."
Mike faced significant backlash for the racist post, later claiming that his Facebook page had been hacked and that he did not personally create the "vile message," which he says was "posted without his knowledge".
At the time, Mike took to X/Twitter to deny that the upload was his doing. The TalkTV presenter wrote: "On Sunday night, my Facebook was accessed and a vile message was posted on my page without my knowledge."
"It contained words that I would never write and an opinion I don't share. As soon as I found out, I immediately deleted the post and have taken steps to ensure my cybersecurity."
[]The Daily Star is now on WhatsApp and we want you to join us!
Through the app, we'll send you the sassiest showbiz stories, some naught headline and a seismic smattering of aliens...along with the latest breaking news of course.
To join our community, all you have to do to join is click on this link, select 'Join Chat' and you're in!
No one will be able to see who has sign up and no one can send messages except for the Daily Star team. We also treat our community members to competitions, special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners.
If you dont like our community, you can check out any time you like. To leave our community click on the name at the top of your screen and choose Exit group. If youre curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.
Have you joined Threads? Follow Daily Star to keep up to date on all things showbiz here
Want all the biggest Showbiz and TV news straight to your inbox? Sign up for our free Daily Star Showbiz newsletter
Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |