[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-dragged-ground-horror-tube-37433734 [Back]  [Original]

Woman dragged to ground in horror tube rape attempt as police launch CCTV appeal - The Mirror


Skip to main content
The Mirror: The Heart of Britain
Check out our editions:

Woman dragged to ground in horror tube rape attempt as police launch CCTV appeal

A woman fought off an alleged attacker after she was dragged to the floor on a tube, as police released CCTV images of a man they believe could help with their investigation

Police have appealed for help identifying a man they want to speak to following the alleged attack(Image: British Transport Police/PA Wire)

Police released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to after a woman was allegedly dragged to the floor and attacked on the tube.

The woman had been travelling alone on a Bakerloo Line service between Waterloo and Lambeth North when she was allegedly targeted in an horrific attack at about 11.40pm on Saturday, July 11.

In a statement, British Transport Police said a man approached her before exposing himself, he then pulled the woman to the floor and attempted to rape her.

The woman fought back before escaping the tube at Lambeth North station, where immediately she alerted station staff.

Police have not accused the man pictured of any offence(Image: BRITISH TRANSPORT POLICE)

Police said the man involved in the horrific incident remained on the tube and later got off at Elephant and Castle Underground station.

Detectives released CCTV images of a man they want to identify because they believe he may have information that could assist their investigation. Police have not accused the man pictured of any offence

An investigation has been ongoing to track the man's movements and they believe he was at Oxford Circus Underground station before the incident and at Piccadilly Circus Underground station afterwards.

BTP Detective Sergeant Krishan Appannah said: Our officers are supporting the victim following this horrific incident. We understand incidents of this nature are deeply concerning for the public and were appealing to them directly to help us identify the man in the CCTV footage. One line of enquiry is that he may be homeless.

Article continues below

We are asking anyone who recognises the man in the images to text us his name to 61016 quoting reference 948 of 11 July. He may have vital information that could assist our ongoing investigation.

Anyone who recognises this man is urged to contact British Transport Police(Image: BRITISH TRANSPORT POLICE)

Witnesses or anyone with information can also contact British Transport Police by calling 0800 40 50 40, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Mirror as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page