CHILD killer Sanjeev Chada has a new job in the prison tuck shop alongside fellow murderer Brian Hennessy.
The 55-year-old brute, who killed his sons Eoghan, 10, and Ruairi, five, on July 29, 2013, is currently awaiting a decision by the parole board on whether he will be granted temporary release from Dublins Arbour Hill Prison.
Sanjeev started the new job this week and its believed to be part of his engagement programme, New Chapters, which encourages inmates to work alongside other prisoners to develop their interpersonal skills.
The New Chapters programme primarily for sex offenders is meant to help inmates make positive changes in their lives and reduce the risk of re-offending.
Chada had been working in the prisons joinery workshop but made the move which is believed to speed up the parole process.
Before his double child killing, he dabbled in the stock market and embezzled 56,000 from a local community group to fund his habit but feared this was on the brink of being publicly exposed.
The bodies of tragic Eoghan and Ruairi were discovered in the boot of his car after it crashed into a wall near Westport, Mayo, on July 29, 2013.
A source said the killer, who was handed two life sentences on October 7, 2014 after pleading guilty to the murders of his two sons, is unlikely to be granted temporary release by the parole board.
However, his recent engagement in the New Chapters programme will help when he goes before them again in 2028.
The source said: He only started his new job in the prison tuck shop this week. He is working alongside Brian Hennessy, who killed Sharon Whelan and her two daughters.
They appear to be getting on well and spend their time in the tuck shop counting stock and engaging with other inmates.
The job in the tuck shop is a trusted position and involves Chada going to another area of the prison.
He has a single cell as he is a life prisoner and when hes not working he is studying for his Open University Masters Degree in Sport and Nutrition.
The new job will help him with the New Chapters programme he is taking part in. Once completed in 12 months time he will move on to the next stage of it.
The source also said Sanjeev never mentions the horrific murders he committed and is deemed a model prisoner.
They added: He never mentions his sons or what he did to them. No other inmates bring it up with him either its kind of an unwritten rule among them.
He is currently awaiting the parole boards decision on his second application for temporary release. Its highly unlikely he will be granted temporary release due to the severity of his crimes.
Eoghan suffered a shattered skull, broken bones and a fractured femur while his little brother was strangled.
The double killer drove from Carlow to Ballintubber Abbey in Mayo before killing his two sons.
He put them in the boot of his car and drove around and was arrested after he failed in an attempt to take his own life.
Earlier this year, Sanjeevs ex-wife Kathleen spoke of her greatest fear is when he eventually walks free from prison to finish the job which she believes is killing her before ending his own life.
Kathleens story is the subject of our podcast, Forever My Boys, where she speaks in greater detail of her fear if Sanjeev is released.
She recalled the moment she found out her boys had been killed by her father.
Theyd been missing for several hours and she was at their Carlow home speaking to a guard when Sanjeev finally called.
She said: I was like, Are the boys OK? And his words to me were, No, theyre dead in the back.
She said she couldnt believe the news but the guard confirmed it, adding: My world fell apart.