| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/bonnie-tylers-family-share-health-37147431 | [Back] [Original] |
Bonnie Tyler's family have shared their disappointment at those spreading "lurid and untrue rumours" about her - and hit out at Liberto Mealha for talking about the singer on Good Morning Britain.
The Total Eclipse of the Heart singer, 74, is "seriously ill but stable", her team have revealed, and the doctors are still positive about her recovery. The star was placed in an induced coma at a Portuguese hospital after her health deteriorated following surgery.
Shortly after her health issues were made public, Liberto Mealha went on the ITV daytime show to talk about his "friend", but Bonnie's team have said he does not represent the family.
In a post on Threads, they said: "As of this morning Bonnie remains seriously ill but stable in hospital in Faro, however her doctors are still positive that she will make a full recovery.
"Bonnie's family are very disappointed at the many lurid and untrue rumours now circulating in the media and would like to make it clear that Liberto Mealha does not represent them in any way whatsoever and is not in contact with them regarding Bonnie.
"When there is any further news of Bonnie's condition then we will issue another statement but ask that the media cease to speculate or publish wild rumours, which simply serve to upset her family, friends, and many fans, and ask again for privacy and decency at this difficult time."
Speaking on GMB on Tuesday (12 May), Liberto said he had been friends with Bonnie for 40 years and that he was "praying to get better news" about her health.
He added: "The doctors are positive with the situation, but so far, it's not that good. She started feeling unwell during a concert in London and went to a doctor for tests, but they didn't detect anything there. She decided to travel to the Algarve, where she began to feel severe abdominal pain."
"Two days later, she went to a private hospital, which urgently transferred her to the hospital in Faro because her appendix had burst and she needed emergency surgery."
News of Bonnie's ill-health was initially shared via statement from her team. They said earlier this month: "We are very sorry to announce that Bonnie has been admitted to hospital in Faro, Portugal, where she has a home, for emergency intestinal surgery.
"The surgery went well and she is now recuperating. We know that all of her family, friends and fans will be concerned about this news and will be wishing her well for a full and swift recovery."
Bonnie has split her time between Faro in Portugal - where she owns a property - and South Wales for a number of years. The singer decided to spend more time in the Algarve after falling in love with the place when she worked on an album there.
Have you joined Threads? Follow Daily Star to keep up to date on all things showbiz here.
Want all the biggest Showbiz and TV news straight to your inbox? Sign up for our free Daily Star Showbiz newsletter.
Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |