[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/katie-prices-acting-ability-praised-37393147 [Back]  [Original]

Katie Price's acting ability praised as director says she 'doesn't deserve the hate she gets' - Daily Star


Skip to main content
The Daily Star: News with a Wink

Katie Price's acting ability praised as director says she 'doesn't deserve the hate she gets'

EXCLUSIVE: Jackie The Stripper director Michael Head has spoken out after Katie Price missed the film premiere calling it a 'missed opportunity' while still praising her performance

The film has been released (Image: jackiethestripperfeaturefilm/Instagram)

The director of Jackie The Stripper has broken his silence after Katie Price failed to appear at the films premiere, calling it a missed opportunity while also praising her performance in the movie.

Director Michael Head said he was disappointed the former glamour model did not attend the premiere, despite what he believed was a clear expectation she would be there.

Speaking exclusively, Head said the event was a major success and insisted Katies absence was felt on the night. He said: "Its a shame Katie missed it because it was a missed opportunity, in my honest opinion. I am disappointed as she personally asked me for tickets, so I do feel a little let down. We all assumed she was attending, so yes, it is a shame.

Michael commented on Katie's absence(Image: Andy Barnes)


Despite his disappointment, Head was keen to stress that the premiere itself was a huge triumph for the independent production.

He added: The event was a huge success. The media coverage was fantastic. We completely sold out. The place was buzzing. People said they hadn't seen Leicester Square buzzing and packed like that for a long, long time, possibly never for an independent film.

Michael claimed that the film had been well received by guests and industry figures in attendance, with strong support from the celebrity world.

Katie has scenes with lead actress Charlotte Kirk(Image: Andy Barnes)


However, Head made clear that his comments were not a criticism of Katie Price as a performer, praising her professionalism on set.

He said: Ive got to caveat that with she was great on set. Loads of people asked what she was like and she was a model professional. Positive energy, nice person, great sense of humour. Would I work with her again? Yeah, of course. Theres no doubt about that.

He also suggested he would be open to expanding her role in future projects. She can act. She took direction well. It was only a small part but she gave a good performance. Would I write a bigger part for her again? 100 per cent.

Head also addressed the public perception surrounding Katie, suggesting she often attracts unfair negativity.


He shared: She brings an awful lot of negativity with her, which I think is a shame because I dont think she deserves a lot of the hate she gets. Theres a toxic side to social media, no doubt about that, and she gets a lot of it aimed at her.

But shes also got a fan base and for indie film thats very important.

He added that the film has already secured international distribution, with screenings planned in North America, including a New York premiere on July 28, alongside releases in territories including Taiwan, Portugal and Spain.


Theres interest in a sequel and trilogy, he said. Theres a lot to celebrate. Its hard to make a film and Jackie The Stripper has been successful. We should be getting behind that.

Despite Katie's absence, the night still proved a major success for the production, with Leicester Square packed out for the premiere and guests praising the atmosphere.

A large part of the evenings buzz was credited to headline sponsor HB_London, whose presence was described as central to the events glamour and momentum.

Guests including Jamie Lomas, Kymberly Wyatt, Charlotte Kirk and Vanessa Feltz were among those in attendance, helping to bring strong celebrity support to the independent film.


Organisers also highlighted the work of RoaR Public Relations in securing sponsorship and VIP turnout, while director Michael Head said there was already strong interest in a sequel following the films release.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletters.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]Follow Daily Star:


2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page