[ Web Proxy ]
URL:
Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/im-celebritys-jimmy-bullard-clashes-37068771 [Back]  [Original]

I'm A Celebrity's Jimmy Bullard 'clashes' with Ant as security forced to step in - Daily Star


Skip to main content
The Daily Star: News with a Wink

I'm A Celebrity's Jimmy Bullard 'clashes' with Ant as security forced to step in

Tensions boiled over on the set of I'm a Celebrity South Africa after Jimmy Bullard's row with Adam Thomas and it appears the heightened emotions continued after the cameras stopped rolling

Jimmy's demand for answers from Ant carried on after the finale ended(Image: ITV/Shutterstock)

I'm A Celebrity's Jimmy Bullard and Ant McPartlin's tense row appeared to carry on after cameras stopped rolling. Security personnel had to intervene between the two in fresh images released after the live finale on Friday night (April 24).

Adam Thomas was eventually crowned the winner of the second all-stars series, although many celebrities were not happy with the result. Now, photos seem to reveal the bust-up between Jimmy Bullard and Ant McPartlin continued raging on after the show went off the air.


Fresh snaps appear to capture the ex-footballer in conversation with presenter Ant following the final programme, with security personnel encircling him. Ant seems to be leaving the studio, yet his head swivels to catch what Jimmy is saying to him.


Jimmy is believed to have tried to carry on the row with Ant once cameras stopped rolling(Image: ITV/Shutterstock)

The confrontation follows a final filled with controversy after Jimmy, 47, slammed I'm A Celeb producers for 'editing out clips' during a furious rant broadcast live. As the row over what actually happened in the pre-recorded jungle segments continued, Ant tried to defuse the situation, according to the Mirror.

Despite years of presenting live television, Ant and Dec battled to control the celebrities as they rambled over who was right in the bitter row between Jimmy and Adam. Ant eventually told Jimmy: "Right, let's leave it there. We'll agree to disagree."


But it seemed that the fighting didn't stop there. When Ant left the studios with his wife, Anne-Marie Corbett, the ex-footballer seemed ready to carry on the conversation.

The duo were then papped trading words as security seemed to move closer around Ant, with one security officer extending his arm around Ant's back. The moment came after tensions hit fever pitch in the studio, which all kicked off when David questioned whether Adam "deserved" to win after he called Jimmy the "C-word a couple of times".

Tensions were already high as David and Jimmy consistently interrupted the show(Image: Jonathan Hordle/ITV/Shutterstock)


The friction between Adam and Jimmy started on the pre-recorded episode which aired on Tuesday (April 21) when the former footballer walked out of the show in the middle of a bushtucker trial. Because they were partnered together it meant Adam would also have to leave the show, but after the rest of the camp kicked off, he was allowed to remain.

However, during the live final, Jimmy alleged that Adam had been "aggressive, abusive and intimidating" during the incident. Adam then full apologised to Jimmy, saying: "Listen I take full responsibility for my actions. Yes emotions were definitely running high in that moment. But, you know, I have got nothing but love for Jimmy. I have apologised to Jimmy on numerous occasions."

David cut across Adam, who fired back with: "Will you just let the finalists speak...I take everything he said into account. That is not how I want to show myself off and I have never shown myself off in that light before that or after that. And I am sorry Jimmy."


Ant and Dec both tried to intervene, with Ant admitting he did not think Adam was aggressive. Dec meanwhile told David, "You weren't even there." David went on: 'I like to say how I see it, I like to keep it real and what I have seen is a lot of editing to make this poor guy [pointing to Adam] the victim so the people will support him. We all had banter back and forth, a lot of it was cut out from their side. But I think it is time for the truth.'

Ant and Dec ended up having to break their bias to say that they didn't believe the incident was "aggressive"(Image: Jonathan Hordle/ITV/Shutterstock)

Both Sinitta and Gemma Collins walked off set during the heated exchanges. Sinitta addressed the live audience: "Guys, you weren't there, I was there and it was aggressive and abusive, we were shaking."


Jimmy told Ant and Dec to intervene and exclaimed: 'You were there and you didn't show any of that..You didn't show any of the C-bombs, it's a liberty."

Ant abandoned his typical demeanour to hit back and clarified: 'The reason we didn't air the C-bomb is because that is unbroadcastable. I was there and I didn't think it was intimidating. I was there Jim."

The Daily Star approached representatives for Ant and Jimmy for comment.

Article continues below

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletters.

ENJOYED THIS STORY?

Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.

Google Preferred Source Badge [Google Preferred Source Badge]




2026 a Reach plc subsidiary
reach logo [reach logo]

At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.

Accept
Web Proxy Viewer  |  New URL  |  Original Page