| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/strictly-come-dancing-reveals-new-37555404 | [Back] [Original] |
The latest star to join the Strictly Come Dancing 2026 family has been revealed. Just months after she was announced as one of the new hosts of Strictly, alongside Josh Widdecombe and Johannes Radebe, Emma Willis unveiled the newest It Takes Two presenter.
During her live programme on BBC Radio 2 on Saturday (August 15), Emma revealed that former contestant Ellie Taylor would be taking over the Strictly spin-off from September.
"I'm absolutely over the moon," Ellie told Emma live on air. "I feel giddy! It's so nice to get the secret out though!"
In a statement, Ellie added: "What a total joy to return to Strictly in this new role. I feel incredibly honoured to follow in the footsteps of the phenomenal line-up of hosts who've made Strictly: It Takes Two so loved over the years," reports Wales Online.
"I can't wait to immerse myself in all the gossip and sequins flying out of the ballroom in order to bring my fellow Strictly fans everything they need to know. I'm so excited, I could cha cha! (But I won't - don't worry... no one needs to see that again)."
Ellie is poised to deliver viewers enhanced access, behind-the-scenes revelations and Strictly magic like never before. With fresh episodes launching every weeknight from the heart of Strictly at Elstree Studios, It Takes Two will provide a glimpse behind the scenes at everything that contributes to creating the programme.
Costume designer Vicky Gill will still be on hand to help maintain fans' insider knowledge, with crucial members of the creative crew delving into every element of the performances.
But that's not all, as there are also some fresh additions. New segments will feature comprehensive conversations amongst groups of celebrities and groups of professionals - frequently without their dance partners - plus a brand new Strictly alumni panel returning to the ballroom for exclusive weekly perspectives.
Janette Manrara and Fleur East had previously helmed the BBC Two favourite, but following speculation of a reshuffle, Janette revealed earlier this year that she wouldn't be making a comeback. Fleur has also said her goodbyes to the programme.
Helen Munson, BBC Commissioning Editor, remarked: "We'd like to say a huge thank you to the brilliant Janette Manrara and Fleur East, who've been a massive part of It Takes Two's continued success over the years.
"It Takes Two is a joy to make and we're so proud to have it on the BBC every autumn. As we embark on what will be an incredibly exciting new series of Strictly, we can't wait to be there every step of the way."
The reveal of the new It Takes Two presenter arrives just days after the 2026 celebrity lineup was announced.
Gavin and Stacey star Melanie Walters rounded off the cast on Wednesday (August 12). She will be accompanied by Lacey Turner, Dani Dyer, Delta Goodrem, Chris Appleton, Cach Mercer, Will Best, Dame Sarah Storey, and Jaime Winstone.
The roster is completed by Bethany Antonia, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Graeme Hall, Lawrence Robb, Tabby Stoecker, and John Nellis.
Strictly Come Dancing will return to BBC One and BBC iPlayer in September
Choose Daily Star as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |