| [ Web Proxy ] |
| Viewing: https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/police-name-man-29-court-11075710 | [Back] [Original] |
Detectives have charged a 29-year-old man with attempted murder after a stabbing on one of the city's busiest roads. It comes as police and paramedics had been called to Fenton's Victoria Road where a man in his 60s was found with 'potentially life-threatening injuries' on August 16.
Now Staffordshire Police has confirmed Ben Mark Woolley, of Stafford, has been charged with attempted murder. Woolley, who the force says is white British, had been detained under the Mental Health Act days after the alleged attack.
The defendant appeared at North Staffordshire Justice Centre yesterday morning (July 23). A spokesperson for the force said: "Following his first appearance, Woolley has been bailed with a condition of residence at a mental health hospital ahead of his next appearance due at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court."
Meanwhile police say the victim has since been discharged from hospital. Woolley is due up in court on August 24.
Get daily headlines and breaking news emailed to you - its FREE
Ensure our latest headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search
Choose The Sentinel as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.
[Google Preferred Source Badge]At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how it is used and to show personalised advertising. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your data, at any time clicking the "Do Not Sell or Share my Data" button at the bottom of the webpage. Please note that your preferences are browser specific. Use of our website and any of our services represents your acceptance of the use of cookies and consent to the practices described in our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
Accept| Web Proxy Viewer | New URL | Original Page |